With over 25,000 illustrations and 1,300 maps, the 2008 New Book of Knowledge Encyclopedia is ripe with information that is meant for the young scholar. Over 2,000 expert contributors collaborated with the editors to create 10,500 educational pages filled with over 9,000 articles total. The reading level stays consistent throughout an article, making it easily understandable. Students will be sure to find exactly what they are looking for in the index, which has 96,500 entries.
Colorful graphics and vibrant illustrations complement the clearly written content, which was written with kids as young as eight in mind. Overflowing with scientific knowledge, literary excerpts and explanations of major historical world events, the encyclopedia has something for everyone. This edition also contains up to date information on the second term of George W. Bush and the latest scientific discoveries, along with international political updates on France, Iraq, Israel, Latin America and elsewhere.
The Home and School Reading and Study Guides, which also comes with the set, recommend nearly 6,000 fiction and nonfiction titles for children and young adults. It relates the encyclopedia to school curricula and includes 12 research skills activities.
- Recently updated Biographies include Benedict XVI, George W. Bush and Rosa Parks, amongst others
- Enjoy new Humanities articles in the Aracheology, Dance and Education categories, along with others
- Expanded articles History and Government include Buffalo Soldiers, the Iraq War and the Supreme Court of the United States
- For those who are interested Sports, Games, and Hobbies will appreciate updated articles on Baseball, Snowboarding, the Olympics and many others
- Stay abreast of innovations in the Science, Mathematics, Technology, and Medicine categories with expanded content on the Internet, Global Warming and Galaxies