The World Book Encyclopedia was first published in 1917, and has since become the best-selling print reference set in the world. The World Book Encyclopedia 2015 showcases information in an accessible, easy-to-use format that overflows with educational information. The World Book Encyclopedia 2015 Edition, Spinescape Binding is designed to appeal to electuary school students all the way through high school and college students so that their reference needs are matched. Beyond its use in the classroom, this book set is also ideal as a family reference source at home. The encyclopedia that so many cherished as a kid has now been updated with accurate, contemporary articles, colorful photographs and stunning maps and graphs for the family.
Through the striking image of bees seeking to pollinate a flower, the SPINESCAPE® design for the World Book Encyclopedia 2015 edition—The Lure of Learning—symbolizes the human craving for knowledge. Bees use flowers to provide them with sustenance. So, too, do readers depend on the World Book Encyclopedia to provide them with accurate and authoritative information needed to develop a more complete understanding of the universe. Your family will be lured by the striking colors and exacting detail featured in the World Book Encyclopedia 2015, and their curiosity is sure to be rewarded by the informative and easily readable content they will discover within the 22 volumes.
Highlights of the World Book Encyclopedia 2015 include:
- Thousands of new, revised, and expanded articles spanning the subjects of recent and historical events, important world leaders, notable people, scientific discoveries, and pop culture, including
- Ukraine and Crimea
- Vladimir Putin, President of Russia
- Pope Saint John XXIII and Pope Saint John Paul II
- Activist Julian Assange
- Entertainers Eminem, Taylor Swift, and Jackie Chan
- Created with the collaboration of expert contributors, advisers, editors, and researchers to ensure readability, accuracy, and currency
- More than 25,000 photographs, maps, and illustrations
- Dozens of QR codes that link to complementary video content
|Publisher||World Book, Inc.|
|Author||World Book, Inc.|