The cover of the World Book Encyclopedia 2016 Edition, Spinescape Binding features a pink anemonefish amongst tentacles of an anemone which can keep the fish from danger by stinging predators. Our world can be dangerous as well, and education is an important way to navigate life's various obstacles so that we can thrive in our own habitat. The word bright means intelligent, brilliant, and sharp, all of which are characteristics the world needs more of during this challenging time and which World Book Encyclopedias help foster.
This 2016 edition of the World Book Encyclopedia uses the pink anemonefish as a metaphor and as a mascot to represent our own challenge to become brighter in a difficult world through learning more and more through exploring the pages of this timely educational resource!
- - Discover over 1,000 new and updated articles, including:
- - Notable figures, such as pop star Katy Perry, writer John Green, and Nobel Prize laureate Malala Yousafzai
- - Contemporary news topics, such as the Islamic State and the tea party movement
- - Notable events from history, such as Martin Luther King, Jr.'s "I Have a Dream" speech
- - Animals, including the golden eagle and giant armadillo
- - Created in with help from expert contributors, advisers, editors, and researchers to ensure that the encyclopedia is readable, accurate, and up to date
- - Over 25,000 photographs, maps and illustrations
- - New QR codes link to supplemental video and other content
|Publisher||World Book, Inc.|
|Author||World Book, Inc.|