The cover of the World Book Encyclopedia 2017 Edition, Spinescape Binding features a night-sky photo taken of Lake Tahoe in the Sierra Nevada mountain range on the border between Nevada and California. One way to view the scene is to see that dawn overtaking night, symbolizing the overtake of confusion and ignorance by knowledge and enlightened inquiry.
The 2017 publication celebrates the 100 commemorative edition of the World Book Encyclopedia, marking 100-year history of serving readers in the United States and around the world
- - Discover over 1,000 new and updated articles, including:
- - Notable figures, such as pop star Katy Perry, writer John Green, and Nobel Prize laureate Malala Yousafzai
- - Contemporary news topics, such as the Islamic State and the tea party movement
- - Notable events from history, such as Martin Luther King, Jr.'s "I Have a Dream" speech
- - Animals, including the golden eagle and giant armadillo
- - Created in with help from expert contributors, advisers, editors, and researchers to ensure that the encyclopedia is readable, accurate, and up to date
- - Over 25,000 photographs, maps and illustrations
- - New QR codes link to supplemental video and other content
The laminated double-sided desk reference map features two maps in one. One side features an attractive, political map of the United States in lively, pastel colors while the flip side reveals an equally attractive current world map.
|Publisher||World Book, Inc.|
|Author||World Book, Inc.|